Welcome to our new Superintendent, Dr. Andrew Brooks! He is a native of Central Illinois and a former Junior/Senior High School Principal at Delavan.
Please click here to watch his Welcome Video
Dr. Andrew Brooks, Superintendent of Delavan C.U.S.D. #703
- Graduated with Bachelors of Science Education from Illinois State University in 1998
- Graduated from Illinois State University in 2002 with a Master’s in Educational Administration
- Received Superintendent Certification from Western Illinois University in 2006
- Completed Doctorate of Educational Leadership from National Louis University in December of 2011
- Knoxville High School from 1998-2001 (Biology, Physics, Physical Science, and Integrated Lab Science)
- Galesburg High School from 2001-2002 (Chemistry and Physical Science)
- Served as Jr./Sr. High School Principal at Delavan from 2002-2006
- Served as Superintendent of South Pekin District #137 from 2006-June 2015
- He has been married to Carrie Brooks since June of 1998 (17 years)
- Together they have four children (Tim-15, Nathan-13, Abigail-11, and Isabella-7) who will be attending school in Delavan this year
- They have been licensed foster parents for around 7 years now. They have mostly focused on caring for babies (2 long term placements) and respite care, but have had children up to age four under their care.
- Dr. Brooks enjoys working in the field of education and loves interacting and getting to know the students in the district
- He strives to walk out the mission of Colossians 3:23 in his work and everyday interactions in life
- He loves traveling with his family and enjoys vacations that involve the outdoors (mountains, beaches, etc.)
- He loves to listen to music and knows the lyrics to just about everything that he hears.
- He worked as a Shift Supervisor for Monical’s Pizza Corporation from 1992 – 1999 throughout high school, college, and one year of teaching (he still loves their pizza!)
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year! We are excited to get the school year underway! Some important information to get the school year started can be found below. Registration Dates Thursday, July 30 – 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, July 31 – 9 a.m. – noon Forms for Registration Emergency form, program participation and release form and an athletic form (5 th & 6 th grades). These forms need to be completed and returned when you come in to register your . . . read more
Delavan C.U.S.D #703 Mission Statement In our quest for excellence, Delavan Schools are devoted to working together to support . . .
Join Delavan Schools' Facebook Page! Delavan Facebook group has hundreds of photos and status . . .
Tweets by @dhs_spanish
Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year! All of the attachments below are being mailed to all our families today! Go Panthers! . . .