December 9th, 2016
Since the last update the project has been moving along at a great pace. These are the items that are completed to date:
- Pre-Cast wall panels of 12 ft. wide x 32 ft. tall were erected and welded together.
- Steel joists are 95 ft. long and were installed and welded into place. The iron workers have completed their work on site.
- The concrete floor in the new gym was poured along with landings outside of exit doors.
- Concrete has been poured for the entire first floor.
- The roofing memberane and storm drain work on the gym roof has been completed.
- Remaining roof panels for the administrative wing and 2nd floor should begin arriving December 21st. These will be assembled on site in phases to allow for interior wall construction.
- Wall panels will begin to arrive after the roofing panels and will be installed.
- To see exterior design pictures, please click this link and review the information in the article.
The Elementary school is seeing the completion work done on the window replacement work this week. Windows in the Elementary were original to the addition and leaked water when it rained and cold air in the winter. Often times the temperature would vary 10-15 degrees from classroom to classroom. The new windows have a very high energy efficient rating and a glazing that reduces heat and glare. This work should be completed by December 10th. Health Life Safety funds were utilized for this project. It is amazing how the new windows have modernized the look of the Elementary building.
Superintendent's Welcome - 2016-17 By: Dr. Andrew Brooks On behalf of the Board of Education and administration, I welcome you to the 2016-17 school year. If you are new to Delavan #703, I hope your experience exceeds your expectations. I know I speak for our entire staff when I say Delavan #703 is a great place for students to learn. . . .
On Tuesday, December 6th, 2016, Mrs. Briggs and Mrs. Lafary's Kindergartners sang the National Anthem at the high school boys' basketball game. Mrs. Harper said it the best, "#kindergartenrocks!"
Welcome to Delavan Jr. / Sr. High School! Please click on link below for Dr. Matt Gordon's Welcome-Podcast! . . .
Please click here to access 2016-2017 JH/HS Handbook
Delavan High School Faculty & Staff Administration Dr. Andrew Brooks . . .
Delavan Junior High Faculty & Staff Administration Dr. Andy Brooks . . .
Delavan School Board Members (click the members name to e-mail) President . . .
District Vision In our quest for excellence, Delavan CUSD #703 will be a premier rural school district with . . .