Did you know that families that dine together, even once a week, are healthier? Here are some of the great benefits of families eating meals together:
- It improves family relationships
- Dining together decreases the chances that your family members will be overweight or obese
- It saves your family money
- It increases the amount of healthy foods your family is eating
- Children whose families dine together do better in school!
- Children whose families dine together tend to engage in fewer risky behaviors.
Wednesday, December 3 is the first annual Family & Consumer Sciences Day, sponsored by the American Association for Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS). The AAFCS is encouraging everyone to join in by "Dining In" on December 3rd! What can you do?
- Make a commitment to "Dining In" with your family. Sign up at http://bit.ly/FCSday2014.
- Prepare and eat a healthy meal with your family on December 3.
- Take your photo preparing your meal and post it to Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram using #FCSday and #healthyfamselfie.
- Change your Facebook profile photo to the "Dining In" Logo (found at www.aafcs.org/FCSday, under "resources")
- Ask your family and Friends to "Dine In".
- Pin your favorite family meal recipes to a "Dining In" Pinterest board.
With all the benefits it brings, why not give "Dining In" a try? It could become your family's new healthy tradition!
STAND UP 4 PUBLIC SCHOOLS: SAY THANKS TO YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL BOARD November 15. 2014 will mark the sixth official statewide observance of School Board Members Day in Illinois. This is the community’s opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to your local board of education and honor their commitment and dedication to providing a local voice for your education decisions. Front Row - Left to Right Ben Adair Sue Howard, President Shari Teal Doug Yontz Back Row - Left to . . . read more
Check out this podcast on YouTube: http://youtu.be/IQq_gKoegeM Good luck to Jordan, Skylar, and the Midwest Central Girls Basketball Team read more