Dear Parents and Community Members:
As you know, the Community of Delavan overwhelmingly supported the construction of a new High School in Delavan. The existing high school has served the district, community, and the students well since it was built in 1922. However, the building has reached the point after over 90 years when the costs to upgrade, repair, and accommodate students have approached the cost to build a new modern building.
I am very excited to report to you that the Building Committee and Board of Education have worked diligently this summer in the design process of the new Delavan High School. We have examined different floor plans and layouts, discussed flexibility and technology needs, and have selected a building design that dramatically improves both the instructional capacity of the teachers and the learning environment quality for our students. Our focus during this process has been the design of a top quality new facility that is exciting upon entry to our students, that maximizes the use of the funds provided through the bond issue, and that will serve our community for another 90 years or more.
Under this section, you will note 3 links that you can review in regards to the new Delavan High School. They are the following:
Exterior Drawings- These drawings display views from 4 different angles of the new Delavan High School. Noteworthy in these drawings are the following:
- The color palette selected which shows contrast for appeal.
- The amount of windows allowing natural light to make the new facility more inviting and more energy efficient.
- A secure front entrance that is easily distinguishable for visitors.
- The facility is a 2 story building with an elevator to the 2nd floor for full ADA accessibility.
- A courtyard to soften the front of the Junior High and new High School facade.
First Floor Plan- This drawing provides information regarding the following:
- The connection site of the new High School to the Junior High building.
- A dashed line which indicates the outline of the existing high school for reference of the location of the new facility.
- The design of the following spaces:
- The reorganization of administrative and support offices.
- The location of the new gym facility, planned seating, and proximity to current Junior High.
- The general layout of the first floor classrooms and additional facilities.
Second Floor Plan- This drawing provides information regarding the following:
- The general layout of the second floor classrooms.
- The concept of flexible classroom spaces with the incorporation of teacher offices and not stand alone classrooms.
- The new technology classroom.
- Additional study spaces in wide hallway corridors.
The Building Committee continues to meet to discuss additional details, and as more information and/or drawings become available this page will be updated. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call me at 309-244-8283.
Dr. Andrew Brooks, Superintendent
Welcome to our new Superintendent, Dr. Andrew Brooks! He is a native of Central Illinois and a former Junior/Senior High School Principal at Delavan. Please click here to watch his Welcome Video Dr. Andrew Brooks, Superintendent of Delavan C.U.S.D. #703 College Education Graduated with Bachelors of Science Education from Illinois State University in 1998 Graduated from Illinois State University in 2002 with a Master’s in Educational . . . read more
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year! We are excited to get the school year underway! Some important information to get the school year started can be found below. Registration Dates Thursday, July 30 – 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, July 31 – 9 a.m. – noon Forms for Registration Emergency form, program participation and release form and an athletic form (5 th & 6 th grades). These forms need to be completed and returned when you come in to register your . . . read more
Delavan C.U.S.D #703 Mission Statement In our quest for excellence, Delavan Schools are devoted to working together to support . . .
Join Delavan Schools' Facebook Page! Delavan Facebook group has hundreds of photos and status . . .
Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year! All of the attachments below are being mailed to all our families today! Go Panthers! . . .